Download: The MP3 File (Length: 1h16m -- 55 MB)
Dr. Drew Pinsky [Twitter] is a guy you probably know. But did you know he's had a compulsion around weightlifting for years? And in keeping with that, we record a podcast from his gym, only taking breaks to pump iron. You may know him from Loveline, the Adam & Drew Show, The Dr. Drew Podcast, HLN's Dr. Drew On Call, Celebrity Rehab... well, you get the point.
In this class we talk about:
- Dealing with prostate cancer -- from PSA results, to biopsies, to recovery.
- Having body dysmorphia (body dysmorphic disorder) his whole life.
- Seeing himself as overweight.
- His busy busy schedule.
- Dealing with criticism from Celebrity Rehab as well as misinterpretations of comments made on the radio.
- Being blamed for Rodney King's death.
- Being willing to take professional risk.
- Being paid less than the patients on Celebrity Rehab.
- Common misperceptions on how media works.
- The importance of being doctor to the American culture.
- Starting to lift weights with Bill Pearl at 15.
- Working out with noted bodybuilding competitors of the 1970s.
- Finding football a release for aggression while in high school.
- His first panic attack, and trips to the Emergency Room.
- Having background depression.
- Being medically mis-managed for mental health.
- Finding inspiration to work in adolescent medicine.
- His love of carbohydrates.
- Eating healthy and what food can do.
- His prescription for health eating.
- How weight lifting helped a sore shoulder.
- How workouts are not one size fits all.
- How he despises moral judgement on substances/drugs.
- The behavior of addicts.
- How, by definition, there's no such thing as a “positive addiction.”
- Being realistic about aging.
- Colon cancer and how often to get prostate exams.
- Having exercise bulimia.
- Lifting weights and also running.
Man School is a proud part of the Sideshow Network.
Support our sponsor! Get 85% off a new domain name with GoDaddy! Use offer code MAN149