Thanks so much to everyone who checked out Class #3: "I Have Depression" with Paul Gilmartin. Here are the Class Takeaways from my chat with Paul:
- Money and fame won't fix you on the inside.
- The seemingly lame simple stuff that everyone recommends like diet/exercise and mediation actually do work.
- Support groups can be crucial. Other people have your problems and getting together with them can be a big help.
- See a mental health professional. When it comes to mental health there are lots of therapists and psychiatrists out there. Low-fee therapy can be had as well.
- Stay on your meds. Paul only struggled when he chose to take himself off of his anti-depressants.
- Bonus: Have a supportive wife! Paul certainly married well.
On Twitter? Use #ManSchool to say you're listening to the show!