Welcome to Man School's fifth class! Thanks so much for all of the love in making Man School a Top 5 Education podcast on iTunes. Today on the show we get to geek out a little -- Big Bang Theory style -- with NASA/JPL's James Kurien, who is one of the big dudes who works on the Mars Rover Curiosity. He's perhaps the only one over there who used to be homeless.
In this class we talk about:
- Leading a team for the two billion dollar Mars Rover Curiosity.
- Teenage dreams of working for NASA and finding inspiration from science fiction and James T. Kirk.
- Meeting Reading Rainbow's LeVar Burton and Star Trek's William Shatner.
- Living in his car and office as a college student.
- Listening to the band Rush and getting inspired to do his best.
- The professors who wanted him to be his best.
- Finding success in life after having low self-esteem and minimal self-confidence.
- Getting two Masters Degrees and a PhD from Brown.
- Doing work that benefits future civilizations -- both on Earth and Mars.
Want to contribute to the show? Call the voicemail for Listener Life Moments!
On Twitter? Use #ManSchool to say you're listening to the show!
Man School is a proud part of the Sideshow Network.