Willie Garson is a very recognizable actor who has been in a million TV shows and films but is best known for Sex and The City. (Who would've thought Man School would meet Sex and The City?) As a 45 year-old single guy Willie adopted a his son Nathen who was seven.
In this class we talk about:
- Not adopting a kid in Africa. like other actors.
- People Magazine photoshoot.
- Getting the word out about adoption.
- Being a parent being more important to him than being married.
- Formerly being a Big Brother and a camp counselor.
- Not caring about passing on his genes to a biological child.
- The Alliance for Children's Rights charity.
- Adopting a grown kid and not a newborn.
- Adopting through LA County's Department of Child Services.
- The foster care system in Los Angeles.
- The adoption fair where he met Nathen.
- The first day Nathen moved in with Willie.
- Nathen's first Passover.
- The logistics of raising a kid when you are an actor who works in New York and Los Angeles.
- The feelings and benefits of being a parent.
On Twitter? Use #ManSchool to say you're listening to the show!
Man School is a proud part of the Sideshow Network.