Bill Cleveland is a great friend of mine who has Hepatitis C and needs a liver transplant. He came down with Hep-C from using dirty needles before he quit alcohol and drugs. Now, Bill's 28 years sober and is a wonderful wonderful guy. He's really helped me with a lot with various issues (namely my own sobriety) by sharing a lot of his great experience.
In this episode we talk about:
- Intravenous drug use and sobriety from drugs and alcohol.
- Getting in shape after getting sober.
- Losing over 100 pounds and getting very much into bicycle riding.
- Getting diagnosed with a then-unknown for a Hepatitis.
- Extreme lethargy and anemia from Hep-C.
- Pursuing natural treatments to clean his liver and treat his disease.
- Two rounds of Interferon treatment (which is like Chemotherapy for Hepatitis C.)
- Getting rid of the virus only to have it come back stronger.
- The depression and anxiety of being on Interferon.
- Having friends and family help through the tough times.
- His spiritual (and non-religious) path and how that helped him find some peace.
- Spiritual knowledge vs. spiritual experience
- How Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now" book changed his life.
- Perception as friend and enemy.
- Meditation as a practical way get better and stop the downward spiral.
- Dealing with sadness about his situation.
- Helping others who also have liver problems.
- Being on the liver transplant list and waiting for a new liver.
- His club of men who are also on the liver transplant list.
- Breaking down a barrier and asking his wife for help.
- Simple ways to change your attitude.
- Developing Encephalopathy and dealing with that.
On Twitter? Use #ManSchool to say you'
re listening to the show!
Man School is a proud part of the Sideshow Network.