Jason Somerville is a 26 year-old professional poker player who was the first highly-ranked pro poker player to come out of the closet (male, that is.) Jason has won millions of dollars in poker, big tournaments, and even a prestigious World Serious of Poker bracelet. At 24 he came out of the closet as gay via his blog.
In this class we talk about:
- Being a teenage poker player who turned $5 into $100,000.
- Online poker and a social life.
- Coming out to friends first in private.
- Mentor Daniel Negreanu.
- Finding identity in community.
- Having "traditional" parents.
- Quitting girls and his first gay kiss.
- Never having been to a gay bar (even now.)
- Online dating as a public figure.
- Being closeted to the public yet in a relationship.
- Talking about his boyfriend on ESPN.
- Having gay friends later in life.
Support our sponsor -- register or transfer domain names for only $1.99 with Go Daddy!
Man School is a proud part of the Sideshow Network.