Download: The MP3 File (Length: 51m -- 37 MB)
Jake Pentland [Twitter] is a television producer and host of The Jake Pentland Show (where I was a recent guest.) Oh yeah... his mother is one of the most famous women of the past thirty years: actor/comedian/polarizing media figure Roseanne Barr.
In this class we talk about:
- Getting beat up in school
- Dealing with a celebrity parent's fame
- Rising popularity in high school
- Outside influences in defining who you are
- Dealing with the cocaine-addicted Tom Arnold as a step-father
- Dealing with divorce as a child
- Having your personal life become very public
- Advantages that celebrity gives you in society
- Women wanting to use you for your fame
- Other celebrity kids
- The pressure to stay on top of Hollywood
- Parenting yourself when your parents are absent
- Living with many different nannies
- Working for your mother
- Interning for CBS International Television
- Being your own boss at 23
- Being a television producer on "Roseanne's Nuts"
Man School is a proud part of the Sideshow Network.