Download: The MP3 File (Length: 45m -- 31 MB)
Daniel Garza [Twitter] is a Mexican-born resident of Southern California who has AIDS/HIV. He also hosts hosts two great English-language podcasts -- Put It Together and Vita Positvum -- and one Spanish-language podcast, Corazón en la Mano (all via Abnormal Entertainment.)
In this class we talk about:
- The difference between HIV and AIDS.
- Losing his virginity at a young age.
- Living in denial of having HIV and AIDS.
- Using drugs and alcohol as an escape from the reality of AIDS.
- Being scared of talking to someone about your sex life.
- Losing weight at a very fast pace because of drugs and AIDS.
- The different symptoms of AIDS that includes: hair loss, memory loss, and inability to keep food down.
- Being too sick to take care of yourself.
- Being segregated by your family because of AIDS.
- Being uneducated about AIDS.
- Being an activist for AIDS education.
- Have vascular issues and other side effects while going through treatment.
- Taking medicine more for the side effects of HIV medicine than for HIV itself.
- Keeping the fact that you have AIDS to just a select group of people.
- Connecting with other people who are going through the same things.
- Religion and AIDS.
- Making good out of a bad situation.
- Becoming sober.
- Infecting others with AIDS.
- Going through rehab after being arrested and being on probation.
- Having people to keep challenging you.
- Respecting yourself before others respect you.
- Making amends with family and friends after fixing yourself.
- Becoming healthier after becoming sober.
- Being a loudmouth and using that to be an activist.
Man School is a proud part of the Sideshow Network.
Support our sponsor -- 10% off of your great new website w/ Squarespace! Promo Code: MANSCHOOL