Download: The MP3 File (Length: 39m -- 28 MB)
Liam McEneaney [Twitter] is a New York City-based stand-up comic. His new comedy album is called Comedian. He also produced Tell Your Friends, a live stand-up DVD featuring Reggie Watts, Kristen Schaal and more. He was also diagnosed with "suicidal depression" at age ten. From there, he experienced years of highs, lows, medication, booze, and sobriety.
In this class we talk about:
- The humbling experience of stand up comedy.
- Having “suicidal depression” at a young age.
- Feeling like you don’t fit in or that you don’t belong.
- Thinking that everyone hates you.
- Telling your parents you are thinking about killing yourself.
- Having parents immediately respond to your cries for help.
- Coming from a family of stress eaters.
- Gaining weight from eating and antidepressants.
- Not performing well in school.
- Finding there were no consequence to not doing well in school.
- Having issue authority issues.
- Having anger issues combined with depression.
- Taking himself off of antidepressants at 21.
- Dropping out of college and doing stand-up comedy.
- Going through six months of withdrawals.
- Walking to lose weight.
- Drinking booze. A lot.
- Realizing that you have to stop drinking to function.
- Having feelings again after you stop drinking.
- Having an addictive personality.
- Avoiding drugs because of your addictive personality.
Man School is a proud part of the Sideshow Network.
Support our sponsor -- 10% off of your great new website w/ Squarespace! Promo Code: MANSCHOOL