Download: The MP3 File (Length: 36m -- 26 MB)
James Ellroy is one of America's finest novelists. Some of his 19 books include: LA Conflidential, White Jazz, American Tabloid, Shakedown, and the Black Dahlia. His latest novel, Perfidia, comes out in September and is available for pre-order now. James is a man whose live has full of love and passion -- as discussed on Man School #55 -- but he's also been Twice Divorced.
In this class we talk about:
- How his second ex-wife is still his best friend and how they are closer now.
- Going out for dinner after deciding him and his second ex-wife would get divorced.
- Having relief because he was telling the truth.
- How divorce is like the sick old family member that dies.
- Coming back to LA after women divorce him.
- Knowing that he would be friends with his ex wife.
- How adultery had nothing to do with his marriage ending.
- How alimony is a challenge.
- How the telephone kept the friendship with Helen alive.
- Keeping in touch with his first ex wife only through the shared dog.
- Having a hilarious shared custody of a dog.
- The importance of amicability.
- Not owning a television.
- How, for James, monogamy is the new marriage.
- His parents divorcing in 1955.
- Feeling like a freak in general.
- Having his parents poison his mind against each other.
- Having models of behavior.
- Being determined to be happy and successful.
- Being a bad roommate but a good husband.
- Being grateful to his first wife for the experience of marriage.
- Being 66 and just out of his teens.
Man School is a proud part of the Sideshow Network.
Support our sponsor! Get 32% off of purchases with GoDaddy! User offer code MAN32