Download: The MP3 File (Length: 40m -- 29 MB)
Ben Mandelker [Twitter] is a writer and a podcaster who hosts both The Banter Blender and Watch What Crappens. He also writes for the B-Side Blog. And, a few years ago, at the age of thirty, he came out of the closet.
In this class we talk about:
- Being okay with his sexuality in his small town growing up.
- Having crushes on girls in high school.
- Watching TV talk shows to see male strippers.
- How his college was very conservative.
- How coming out wasn't a high priority.
- Avoiding certain behaviors as to not be found out.
- Having a girlfriend in high school for two weeks.
- Living a mind fuck 24 hours a day while in the closet.
- How the gay culture has evolved.
- How some of his frat brothers came out after college.
- Coming out when he was 30.
- Suppressing his peak hormonal years.
- How his writing was affected because he hadn't come out.
- Living in the gay mecca: West Hollywood.
- His first physical experience.
- Coming out to his best friends.
- Getting love and support.
Related Link: Coming Out with Dave Holmes
Man School is a proud part of the Sideshow Network.
Support our sponsor! Get 80% off a new domain name with GoDaddy! Use offer code 199MAN