Download: The MP3 File (Length: 40m -- 29 MB)
Mike Carano [Twitter] spent his junior high years in a religious cult in California that was an extreme offshoot of Christianity. Nowadays, cult-free, Mike is a photographer, podcaster, and all around funny guy.
In this class we talk about:
- Spending two pre-teen years with his family in a cult.
- Having divorced parents.
- His mom turning weird.
- Moving a numerous amount of times as a child.
- Living in an old military building with his family.
- Being the oldest of his siblings.
- Having a dysfunctional relationships with his parents.
- His mother being a devout -- yet extreme -- Christian.
- Not having school while in the cult.
- A whole lot of anger -- then and now.
- Feeling stuck.
- Returning to the scene of the cult crime as an adult.
- Being terrified of the cult’s pastor.
- Being forced to talk to strangers about the Bible.
- Being fascinated by cults nowadays.
- The cult being all about making money.
- Finally leaving the cult with the help of his father.
- His mom losing all her parental power once the kids became adults.
- His siblings having alcohol and drug problems.
- Being involved in his nephew's lives.
- Still letting his mom get under his skin.
- Alcoholism and sobriety in his life.
Man School is a proud part of the Sideshow Network.
Support our sponsor! Get 80% off a new domain name with GoDaddy! Use offer code 199MAN