Download: The MP3 File (Length: 48m -- 35 MB)
Lyle Nagy has a type of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder called Pure O, or Purely Obsessional OCD. This week he talks about the dark places it has taken him.
In this class we talk about:
- Having pure obsessional compulsive disorder.
- Public perception of OCD.
- The feelings and urges that come with OCD.
- Being fully aware of the ridiculous habits he does.
- Being obsessed about intelligence.
- How his compulsions made life hard at a young age.
- How his OCD manifested in college.
- Questioning his sexuality but wanting to be straight.
- Having understanding friends.
- Coming out of the closet... sort of.
- Having thoughts to hurting and killing others.
- Getting therapy.
- Being scared to drink alcohol.
- Figuring out what was wrong with him.
- Having a helpful father.
- The difficult of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Related Resource: OCD Online
Related Resource: The video series with Lyle's doctor
Man School is a proud part of the Sideshow Network.
Support our sponsor! Get 80% off a new domain name with GoDaddy! Use offer code 199MAN